Catering Assistant Required
|School||Phoenix Arch School|
|Head||Ms Judith Towell|
|Salary||Scale 2. Points 3 to 4, Salary: £18,065 to £18,426 plus London weighting £1,925 plus SEN £2064 depending on experience, pro rata 39 weeks per annum– (Pro Rata)15 hours a week Term Time Only Actual Salary £8024.34|
|Closing date||Open until vacancy filled|
|Interviews||to be arranged|
Phoenix Arch is a small special school that caters for up to 45 pupils with special educational needs. We require a highly motivated individual to run our servery this includes setting up the lunch hall and serving meals. Our pupils are well supported during lunchtimes and you will be part of this friendly team. There is no cooking involved as our meals are delivered daily.
We are interested in candidates who:
- have a qualification/willingness to do in Food Safety and Hygiene Level 2
- have experience of or enjoy working with children
- are adaptable to ever changing situations
- ability to work independently in a calm, mature and professional manner.
- have a flexible attitude to work, patient & supportive
- good communication skills – written and oral.
As a Catering Assistant you will be responsible for:
Serving of meals to children.
- Ensuring that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy.
- Assisting with accepting deliveries and managing stock control.
- Ensuring that Food Safety and Health Safety regulations are followed.
- Completing any administration as required including food temperatures, waste and cleaning schedules.
Phoenix Arch is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check and satisfactory references.
For an application pack please email SBM@phoenixarch.brent.sch.uk Visits to the school are welcomed by arrangement. Tel 0208 451 6961