Required ASAP or January 2024 at the latest
Full Time Permanent contract Leadership 13 -17
Phoenix Arch School is an over-subscribed community SEN school with a strong and supportive staff team. All fifty five pupils attending the school have a diagnosis of ASD. The school’s learning environment has been developed to meet the needs of pupils, resulting in exceptional learning facilities and well-matched quality resources, therefore pupils have every opportunity to thrive.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their practice within a small SEN school. We are looking for a dynamic and creative Deputy Headteacher to join our dedicated and enthusiastic staff. The successful candidate will be committed to developing the practice of others by modelling teaching and delivering INSET.
You will be joining a staff team who are committed to providing an inclusive education for all. The successful candidate will have allocated teaching time across the school on rotation with other leaders and will oversee the curriculum and lead on a subject area. In return, we will support your continuing professional development and you will work in a friendly, warm environment where children are at the heart of our school community.
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds an NPQ certificate and can demonstrate good leadership skills
- Commitment to the promotion of high standards in teaching and learning
- Proven good / outstanding classroom practice
- Ability to lead, inspire, engage and motivate the teaching team
- Is committed to whole school development
- Has a secure National Curriculum subject knowledge, and how this can be adapted to meet a range of needs
- An understanding of different learning pathways and learning styles
How to apply:
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
Closing date: Mid-day Friday 6th October 2023
Short listing: 9th October 2023
Interviews week beginning: Week beginning 16th October 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks, including satisfactory Enhanced Level DBS clearance and references.